Opt-out from ZAPR platform
When you choose to opt out of use of data by ZAPR for targeted advertising, ZAPR will stop serving you any targeted mobile ads. To opt-out, please enter your device Advertiser ID in the input box below, or email us the details at email@example.com
Alternatively, you may also use your Android device settings to “opt out of interest based ads”, and we will stop any targeted ads delivery to your mobile device. Please note that there may be a processing time of upto 30 days required to execute the opt-out across our systems.
Simple text FAQs on privacy – to be drafted later
RBL owns and operates the website 192.168.3.108/zapr (“Website”).
Acceptance and Modifications
Information that may be Collected
The information that may be accessed and collected by us pursuant to the provision of our Services shall mean and include the following (“Information”):
- Information pertaining to your user account with us including any personal information shared by you for the purposes of creating your user account;
- Data regarding the visitors to the Independent Users Application and their user behaviour;
- Data pertaining to audio playing close to you from time to time;
- Data pertaining to viewing of certain advertisements or television programmes; and
- other information such as information about your visit, the nature of your internet connection, IP address, domain name, web browser, operating system, frequency and duration of use and contact details.
RBL does not collect or store any of the personal contacts or photographs or videos or any other information stored on your device without your permission. While RBL collects audio for the purposes of providing the Services, RBL will not be privy to or collect any personal conversations (whether ambient, voice or data calls), or engage in any form of passive listening.
How Information is Collected
We may collect the Information automatically when we deliver the Services. An App may be made available to you (i) as a download directly from RBL; or (ii) as part of an Independent User Application that includes the App and which has been downloaded by you from (or otherwise provided to you by) an authorized distributor pursuant to an agreement with RBL.
While rendering the Services pursuant to the download of the App onto your device, we use a variety of technologies (such as an audio microphone) to automatically or passively record and collect Information, based on your access or usage of service or as a result of any Individual User Application interacting with the App (such as recording of audio playing near you from time to time), in order to collect sample data for analyzing viewership of television programmes and advertisements.
We use data collection devices such as “cookies” on certain pages of the Website to help analyze our webpage flow, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. “Cookies” are small files placed on your hard drive that assist us in providing the Services. We offer certain features that are only available through the use of a “cookie”.
Cookies can also help us provide information that is targeted to your interests. Most cookies are “session cookies,” that are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits the same, in which case you may not be able to use certain features on the Website.
Use of Information Collected
We may use the Information collected by us for purposes, including, and without limitation to:
- Creation and maintenance of your user account for authorization and authentication of access to Services;
- Storing, monitoring, processing and analyzing the audio obtained from you for conducting analysis of such data along with data obtained from other users, to generate data pertaining to viewership of television programmes and television advertisements;
- For sending advertisement requests as well as sending push targeted core advertisement contents while you open other web page / content;
- Sharing the results of our analysis with our customers who may use it for purposes such as for personalizing content on their Independent User App based on the result of the data analysis shared by RBL; and
- As otherwise required or permitted by law.
We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our web servers, for the purposes of rendering the Services as well as to gather demographic information.
We will not share any of your personally identifiable information with any third party.
Disclosure of Information
We may also discloseInformation for the following purposes:
- if we are requested, or become legally compelled, to disclose the existence or contents of any of the Information. In such cases, we shall provide you with written notice of such request or compulsion, but shall not be responsible to seek any protective orders, confidential treatment or any other remedy regarding the disclosure;
- in connection with dispute resolution, government or internal investigations, or other administrative proceedings;
- in connection with any proposed or actual investments into, sale or merger of RBL or other transfer of any of our assets; or
- as may be otherwise required or permitted by law.
information from rbl
In the provision of our Services, we may provide you with links to other sites that are owned or operated by third parties. We bear no responsibility whatsoever for the privacy practices of such sites and make no representations about such third-party sites or any information, services, products or materials found on them. We further disclaim any and all liability to maintain the security of any Information provided to or accessed by such third-party sites. We strongly recommend that you read the terms and conditions, and privacy statements of such third-party sites.
Security of Information
We have stringent security measures (physical, electronic and managerial) in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. The Website’s and App’s servers are accessible only to authorized personnel and your information is shared with employees and authorized personnel on a ‘need to know’ basis to complete the analysis of the audio samples collected from you. We use adequate encryption at the time of collection and storage of audio samples from you in order to render the Information collected as undecipherable. The encrypted information cannot be reconverted into the audio sample.
By using this Website or the Apps or Independent User Applications, you agree that RBL will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties.
right to opt out
The Website provides all users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from RBL, its affiliates or content suppliers. If you want to remove your contact information from all lists and databases of the Company, please unsubscribe.
In the event your browser offers you a “Do not track” option for communicating your request to the operators of websites and web applications and services with respect to requesting RBL to stop tracking your online activities, we would stop recording and collecting any Information as well as refrain from contacting you. It is clarified that the Company can only control its own activities under the Do Not Track policy and shall not be responsible for any Information being availed or tracked or used on such Independent User Application. Further, RBL will not be able to initiate any action pursuant to activation of the ‘Do not track’ option by you on an Independent User Application and you would have to communicate the device information to RBL directly on the following link [Insert Link].
In accordance with the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the rules made thereunder, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below: